Friday, January 12, 2007

Getting Dressed: Hadajuban

A hadajuban is a cotton slip that goes next to the skin. It's used to absorb sweat and oil and protect both the nagajuban and kimono (underkimono). A hadajuban is worn under the nagajuban. The hadajuban is a crepey cotton fabric and is easily laundered.

Most of the time, I don't wear a hadajuban, but apparently it is a must have for when you are wearing hanayome (wedding ensemble). Probably because hanayome is very hot and heavy and is also usually rented...don't want to have to pay a cleaning and/or damage fee.

Additionally, you can wear a susoyoke, which is like a petticoat with the nagajuban. I have a susoyoke, and I never wear it. It's annoying, adds bulk and really doesn't help all that much. I have a garment which is basically a one-piece jobber combining the hadajuban and susoyoke. You didn't get a picture because I didn't feel like digging it out of the back of my storage closet.


If you look closely, you can probably see the "HANES" label on my sports bra!Man, I am looking chunk-a-roonie lately. And that's after losing 5 pounds. 20 more to go. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home